On Friday, February 8, 2019 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm Marshall Road Elementary will host its 29th Annual International Night! At this event, we celebrate the unique diversity that makes up Marshall Road Elementary School. Come and experience the sights, sounds, and tastes of the diverse cultures that make up our school and community.
How can you participate?
- Lower elementary students are encouraged to decorate a doll displaying their cultural heritage. Upper elementary students are invited to decorate a flag. Instructions and materials are sent home at the end of January.
- Cultural Display: Set up a table displaying items and information about your country. Ideas of things to share are arts and crafts, photographs or posters, historical information, books, clothing, money, and food samples, to name a few. Please avoid political and/or religious presentations.
- Parade of Nations: Students may model beautiful costumes from all around the world, or simply participate as part of an international parade. Parents and siblings are welcome to join the parade with their MRES student.
- Talent Show: In previous shows, students danced, acted out short skits, or performed vocally or with instruments.
- Volunteer: As with any successful event, we need many willing volunteers to ensure the night runs smoothly, including decorators, floor monitors, program distributors, and people to help participants.
Sign up for these opportunities HERE.
- Monday, April 22
- Tuesday, April 23
- Wednesday, April 24
- Thursday, April 25
- Friday, April 26